Tuesday, August 23, 2011

When We Had A Family Already, We Pledged That If We Have Enough Savings And Sales From A Few Of Our Lands, We Will Travel Abroad.

When my other half and I went to central Europe for the 1st time and for 31 days from London, England, to Italy, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria to Spain, Switzerland and to Holland, we stayed for two days in each big city that we visited.

We made a trip to the famous Shrines of the Sanctified Virgin in Lourdes, France also Beiring in Brussels in Belgium, the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy, the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France, the Padre Pio Monastery in Loreto, Italy and the Shrine of St. Francis of Assisi in Italy.

She didn't join me for the a few days Rotary World Convention in Nice, France since she had to return to Cagayan de Oro hurriedly for her father, Santiago Gavas, who was 90 years old , passed away suddenly.

Our child Bong accompanied her back since I had to attend in Nice, France a Rotary World Convention where I pre-registered and it was in this convention where I heard the passing testimony of the living saint, Mother Theresa of Calcutta, India, an Austrian national a tiny and fragile lady who touched the Rotarians in an easy speech in English.

An American Astronaut, John Glenn, who later on turned into a US Senator, shared his experience in outer space which deepened his Christian faith in God.

The second time we were back was in Eastern Europe and we made a trip to the famous Medjugorje Shrine where the Blessed Virgin Mary of Bosnia Herzegovina appeared and we then proceeded to see the famous Shrine of the Black Nazarene and visited the beautiful town of Prague in the Czech Republic.In Medjugorje you can find a good Medjugorje accommodation.

For 3 times, my wife and I went back to the States with our sons Bong and Rommel and the 3rd time was with widow Grace Dalisay where I attended a Rotary Convention in Calgary, Canada. We took off from Seattle City in a little plane to Calgary and we had a very frightening flight for it was a stormy night and the flight was extra rough. Thank The Lord we arrived safely in Calgary for we prayed to Him intensely.

In our come home, we went to Vancouver, Canada and witnessed the pretty Niagara Falls and we went by train from Buffalo Town to New York City and returned home via Honolulu, Hawaii to Manila.

It's good always to be back in our pretty country, the Pearl of the Orient Seas.

When we travelled to Singapore ten years after with our boys, then to Shenzhen, China, Macau and Shanghai, in Mainland China, our grandkids joined us. We visited modern and complicated cities via train from Hongkong.

My grandchildren enjoyed it a lot. It was very remarkable to them.
Naturally, it was fairly dear but the experiences were enhancing and dilating.

When my better half and I joined the Eucharistic Congress of the Heart of Jesus in Guadalajara, Mexico, it had been a different sort of spiritual exposure. Some Dominican Clergymen of UST and Sacred Heart of Jesus Monks were with us in that non secular convention.

My wife and I saw the magnificent Pyramids of the pagans in Mexico Town where my wife climbed it up with the more youthful monks. I did not go up any longer and some of the participators.

Then for the 1st time, I saw with my wife the Shrine of our Lady of Guadalupe where the Sanctified Virgin seemed to Juan Diego, a local of Mexico, and where the picture of the Sanctified Mary was printed in his coat. It is a miracle.

The Divine Mercy devotion was still extraordinary and my wife was an advocate of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Today, I'm all alone in our place but my sons Bong and Rommel who sleep in my room with a male carer were there to give me company.

My wife, for the first time in our married life, attended a convention retreat in Malibu Center in California, USA for 6 days exclusive for front-runners in the Catholic church alone.

Monsignor Rey Manuel Monsanto together with some 4 Philippine clergymen, Monina Tayamin, a countrywide evangelist from Manila, and Fr. Mar Arenas, president of the Philippine Apostolic Congress of Mercy and the rector of the National Shrine of the Divine Mercy in Marilao, Bulacan, and Msgr. Rey Manuel Monsanto who is the religious director of the Western Mindanao Divine Mercy ecclesiastical region where he is the regional non secular director.

I'm all for the glory of God even if my wife is not with me, for she needs such deep information on the way to effectively promote in Mindanao, in her area of responsibility, the glory of Almighty God thru the attention of the Divine Mercy together with other lay front runners in Mindanao.

She'll be home in the week of July where I can meet her at the NAIA Airport with my son Rommel and his other half Kookie.

In the remaining years of our lives, we will dedicate it devotedly for God's glory and just like the biblical leader, Joshua, when he said, as for me and my household we're going to serve the Lord.

Looking backwards, the Lord prepared us to serve in His Shrine as reported tagza.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment