Saturday, July 3, 2010

Changing Your Cat's Food From Wet To Dry

I'm a caring cat owner and I always endeavor to do what is right for my cat. She has always loved wet food however just lately began to shy away from it. I wondered what on earth was wrong... could she be suffering with a tummy upset perhaps or could she just no longer enjoy the taste? A trip to the veterinarians, which coincided with her annual vaccinations concluded in the exposure that my much loved moggie had a significant accumulation of cavity enducing plaque and tartar on her teeth. Additionally, her gums were so painful that they were nearly on the stage of bleeding! Of course, I was horrified. My wonderful moggy had been off hear meals due to the fact she was essentially in discomfort eating the stuff! What exactly can I do to be able to remedy the situation? Well, the veterinarian suggested that she might have her teeth cleaned tomorrow by the veterinarian nurse. Even so, he told me that this can be upsetting for stressed felines and not a thing that should be repeated on a regular basis.

The vet offered another option, which in my opinion appeared to be far more straight forward and hassle-free; to switch the food I'd been providing from wet to dried food. Now, I had in the past thought of dried cat food as an substandard option. After all, I do not consume dehydrated meats so why should my moggy? Nonetheless, apparently , a great quality dry cat food is in reality a lot healthier for your pussy-cat as opposed to stuff you'll get out of a can or aluminum foil pouch. The coarse nature of dry cat food actually acts just like a little toothbrush inside your cat’s mouth.

So, I chose a large sack of dried chicken food and went home. I'd been unclear about exactly how my cat might respond but because she had received a good measure of painkillers and a really empty tummy she hardly appeared to detect the difference. In reality, she gobbled down the whole dish. I have continued her on the dry food and now have found an excellent brand who produces a product loaded full of meats (cats require larger amounts of proteins when compared with canines). Now, when We have her teeth examined the outcome is good. They are a great deal cleaner when compared with before and the moggie is a lot happier, therefore it is dry food for us from now onwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment